Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Day

The snow is falling once again in Northern Alberta. The wood stove is stoked up for the night, and here in the other end of the house, a small electric fireplace is keeping my feet from getting cold.  The animals are all curled up in the warmest spots - they have a natural ability to reflect the desire for warmth.  How compelling that desire can be - motivating me to stay indoors and watch the snow fall through the somewhat frosted glass of the window.  The cold runs through my life like a vein of stark metal in the warm earth, penetrating the spaces between all the seasons of my joy.  I count the winter months away, ticking them off gratefully, and looking forward to the first signs of spring - prolonging the more pleasant activities of winter - the holiday season with its parties and celebrations, the setting out of lights to brighten the darkness, which already in mid-November is coming in mid-afternoon, creating the sense that the day is over almost before it has begun.  Once I am used to the reality of the cold, I can find things to enjoy - the sun sparkling on the snow, the warmth of a chinook wind, and even the howl of a blizzard around my sanctuary of warmth.  My life has had its seasons too, it seems, its summers of celebration and winters of waiting.

1 comment:

raven said...

This post I believe has a very high value of information that I really need the most. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post I will recommend this post to any to dance hamilton staff